Monday, 19 December 2011

Book of Days 2012 - Focus is the Word for the Year!

I've chosen my word for 2012, after much thought and deliberation - it's FOCUS, focus on HEALTH, focus on ART & focus on SELF, which means I will be concentrating on keeping mind & body well, by taking care of myself and my artistic talents.

I watched Effy Wild last night on video make 2 books for the year long project "Book of Days! one was a cheapo exercise book, the other was a bound book. I chose to use a really old bound book, in fact a book 1 year older than me. I photographed the process of how I got my finished embellished book for my project next year.
 My original book, 56 years old, pages torn out for collage, I strengthened the spine with tape and then put a strip of sticky canvas to strengthen further.
 Wrapped inside pages to protect them from paint.
 Painted adhesive canvas with shades of blue.
 Sprayed with inks and used stencils to create depth of colour.
 Sprayed ephemera for embellishments and punched butterflies and hearts.
 Started sticking ephemera onto book cover.
Finished cover before title & doodling!
View of spine H = Health, A = Art, S = Self
 
The finished book

15 comments:

Effy said...

SO WONDERFUL!!!

Christine said...

beautiful...really love the blues

Anonymous said...

Love, love, LOVE your book cover!!! xo

Andria said...

Looks great, Pippa!

Trish Bee said...

I love the colours, so bright :)

Pippa (pjbear) said...

Really appreciate the lovely comments ladies :)

Trece said...

Excellent!! I love it, Pippa! Great word for the year, too. I think mine may be FREE.

Briana, MA said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing your new book of days. Looks great!

Bernice Hopper said...

Looking good! Can't believe we've both independently chosen the same word!

Pippa (pjbear) said...

Spooky Bernice, I didn't even know you were doing the book with Effy!

Bernice Hopper said...

I've only just found it Pippa and didn't realise you were doing it until I had signed up and I found you there. And some otheres that are mutual friends! I had already chosen Focus as I started to think about a word for doing Ali Edward's One Little Word on BPS.

Pippa (pjbear) said...

Yeh I posted about it on FB and sent links and Nancy joined in, I know Trece, Skaja, Jeanette, Tracey L, Trish, Effy and of course you LOL!

Unknown said...

Good word - I have still to chose mine for next year.

carlanda brown williamson said...

i love your process and a you know, i have chosen the same word. this will be fun!!! xo

Vanessa Kiki Johanning said...

Thanks for sharing!! I am so new to this! You are such a great inspiration!!

I think I remember you from soul restoration!!
(I have two groups there...

"Sparkles and Glitter Anonymous"

and "Collection of quotes to journal with"
I love your Birds, and so nice to meet you!!
~Vanessa